Monday, April 26, 2010

Mission Statement & Help Needed!


Earlier this year, the challenge was laid- The Triple Centry. The true grand-daddy of all endurance challenges, requires running 100 miles and drinking 100 beers, all in 100 hours or less. Since then, it has been my intention to complete said task before Kate and my wedding day.

Why? Fair question. For lack of a better reason, I see this as my last real challenge/trial/tribulation before the wedding. In essence, I suppose, I view it as my last chance to do something completely stupid and selfish, and to prove to myself that I can do this. It may seem unnecessary but it just feels like something I've gotta do. Besides, it's me-- I figure most of you guys understand that I just get this way sometimes.

With the wedding approaching and the weather showing no signs of ever improving, time is now. Wednesday April 28th thru Sunday, May 2nd. I am starting at approximately 5:00 am on the 28th, which means that I will need to have my 100 miles in by Sunday @ 9:00 am.

This is all with one caveat, of course- I can't do the 100 beers. I really just can't. Cite whatever reason you like (I'm not insane, I'm not 22 anymore, I have a job that I'm not taking vacation from, etc), but it's not not going to happen.

For this, I need YOUR help. I would like to see if, during this time, my friends can drink 100 beers while giving a Prost to my success. It would mean a lot if you could drink a frosty brew (or 3) for me, and take a picture of yourself doing it. Send it and the # along, and we'll keep a tally going on here as I update along my run.

Thanks for your support in this (both mental and physical), and check back here for updates!

Thanks,

Andrew

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    I will be right there with you. I will even sneak in a couple of miles and I will help out with the beers. I'll grab reuben and some buddies to help out too. Good luck and I know you can do it! xoxoKris

    ReplyDelete