Wednesday, April 28, 2010

25.4 - The First Bonk

Miles Run: 25.4
Hours Left: 86
Beer Assists: 9

Route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3683452

What started out as another 11.1 miler ended up as a 10.8, because I took the shortcut home. I would blame the rain, but in reality it was all me.

I wasn't really paying attention to my pace, and evidently took the first 9 miles way too fast. Then I got hungry and looked at my watch, which was poor choice, because then I knew I was going too fast. Then I bonked at about 9.5 miles, coincidently at the same spot where Vinay and I usually begin our lunch-run cooldowns on Evergreen. Actually, I'm sure that wasn't a 'coincidence'. Knowing I lost the mental game is never fun.

Even so, it puts me at 25.4 for the day. Ahead of schedule, sure, but a little behind my plan. However, once I got home to a puppy happy to see me and the smell of warm dinner that Kate had waiting for me...well, let's just say things are looking up for tommorrow.

Sleep well, everyone, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment