Wednesday, April 28, 2010

11.1 - A good (dry) start


Miles Run: 11.1
Hours Left: 98
Beer Assists: 0

Route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3678941

Official start time this morning was 5:11 am. That's PST for those of you counting.

11.1 miles this morning. I did very well keeping the pace controlled, coming in at 1 hr 27 mins. 7:50's are nothing to write home about, but slow and steady is the name of the game here.

Good route for low-light running, other than 0.5 miles on Shute road it's all pretty much back roads. However, sometime last week they evidenlty deicded to lay down new gravel on Groveland road for spring-- good for cars, bad for my ankles. Since I knew I was going to have extra time this morning, I went ahead and swapped tommorrow morning's planned run for today's, and I'm glad I did. This was a 'new' route I hadn't run before, and that much elevation change would have probably killed me tommorrow morning.

Amazingly, it didn't rain on me-- I could see it raining in front of me and around me, but I never actually got rained on. While I'm sure this luck won't last given the weather forecast, it sure was appreciated.

Ok, well I needed to head into fab 2 minutes ago. More updates coming...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew,
    Well done and good luck with the rest of the miles. We will definitely help with the beers. That said, where did you get the spurious information that one cannot do stupid and selfish things after getting married? Just not more often than your spouse gets the same privilege...
    Cheers,
    Laura (not sure what my technical relation to you is...aunt-in-law?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drank 3 tonight!! At least it's a start!

    ReplyDelete