Friday, April 30, 2010

58.8 - Hungry

Miles Run: 58.8
Hours Left: 51
Beer Assists: 19

Route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3687459

This morning was a prime example of why I started the blog. Accountability, and keeping myself honest.

When I got up this morning I just couldn't choke down another energy bar. I knew I was going to pay for it on the run, but at the time I just didn't care. My stomach just didn't want it this morning.

Obviously, this was a mistake, and I started suffering only a few miles in. Then the 'I should just turn around and walk home' fairy started talking in my ear. But knowing that I'd have to come back and report that I had only put in a few miles, kept me going. But hey, whatever works.

I'd like to put in 3 more runs today, but my 11am-2pm block of meetings is going to make that tough. I may try to be a bad little Intel worker and sneak off for a 3 miler at 10. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment